Upload a new version of a model using the Revit plugin
- Open up the model inside Revit and complete any modifications you need to make.
- When you’re finished, click on the Aconex tab in the program’s menu ribbon.
- Under Publish Model, click on the Connect to Aconex button. You’ll see the login window.
- Select your project location, enter your Aconex login details and click Connect.
- The Upload to Aconex button activates when you’re successfully connected. Click it. You’ll see the Publish to window.
- Select the project to which you want to publish the model, and the model stack you want to update.
(i) When selecting a model stack, a list of people with access to the revision is displayed by default.
Note that, by default, the new version will be available to all members of the project. Follow step 7 to change who can see the version, otherwise go to step 8 to complete the upload.
- Uncheck the All organizations on this project box to make a new version available to selected users only. To add more people who you want to share the version with, select Add.
- Start typing in the User search field and choose who you want to share the version with, then select Add.
- Then, click Publish. The plugin automatically converts the file to the IFC format required by Aconex and uploads the new version. You’ll see a notification that the model has been published.