Adding a New Model Stack
Adding a new model
- Select the project you’re working on from the Project selector and click on the Models tab in the module menu.
- To the left of the screen is the Model Stacks menu. Click the Add icon, then select either From document register or Local file.
- You will then see either the Document register or the Add new model stack window.
Note that in this example a search filter has already been applied.
Adding using Local File
- Select Local File, then enter a name for the model stack and click Add.
- This opens a confirmation window telling you the model stack has been created and that you are its administrator. You can also upload a model to the stack or change Admin and Editor settings in this window.
- Select Upload a model, find the IFC file, then click Upload.
- When this is complete, the new file will appears in your Model stacks menu.
If the model stack icon is red, it means the IFC file is invalid or there is a problem with it and it is not useable. If it is orange, it means that the file has not been uploaded yet.
Adding using From Document Register
- Select From Document Register, to open the register. The following example shows the register with search criteria already entered.
- Select the ones you want to add using the checkboxes on the left, then press Add.
- You will then see a panel showing the details of the files you’ve selected. If you have selected the wrong file type, you will see a warning message. If some of the files can be uploaded you can do so from this message.
- Press Continue to add them to the Models Stack panel on the left. For large files, this may take a few seconds.
In the following example the icons are orange, indicating that the files have failed processing.