Customize your package type
Customize package types to capture project-relevant metadata.
- Go to Setup, select Project Settings and click on the Package Types tab.
- Click the name of the package type you want to customize.
- You’ll see a library of available project fields to add to your package type on the left of the screen. Click the + symbol to add the desired fields to your package type.
- Once you’ve added all the fields you require, click Save.
- A current-version package created with a package type that has been modified (new fields added for example) will have those fields appear in the package properties view (though until the package is edited and data added to those fields, there will be no information below the new fields).
- Packages created with a package type which was modified at a later date keep the metadata fields set that was available to it at the time of the package edition.