Using autonumbering for package types
Setting up auto-numbering
- Go to Package Types settings in Setup/Project Settings, and either create a new package type or select an existing one.
- When you done this, click the Pencil icon next to Auto Numbering in the Settings column on the left. This opens the Auto Numbering Settings window.
- Select Enable Auto Numbering. This expands the Auto Numbering Settings window where you can see several options that allow you to create and arrange the scheme sequence.
- Set up your scheme using the options available. You can see a preview of your sequence at the bottom of the window.
- You can add, re-order and remove these options as required, see Adding and re-ordering scheme options below for more information.
If you change the order of the number options, this changes the order in the sequence preview.
Adding, re-ordering and removing scheme options
- To add a sequence option, select the Add field button. The new option appears under the existing ones.
You can select from the following fields:
Package Type Code
Project Fields of the type Select List (Single).
Note: If you want to add Project Fields to your numbering scheme, you have to add Codes to those Project Fields and make them Mandatory on the Package Type. See Enabling codes for Project Fields below for more information.
- To re-order an option or remove one, hold your mouse to the right of a field to make these options appear, then select one. Note that if you re-order the options, this changes the order of the number sequence as shown in the preview at the bottom of the window.
Enabling codes for Project Fields
- Go to Setup/Project Settings/Project Fields.
- Open the Project Field you want to add to a numbering scheme to.
- Select Enable Codes. When you do this the list of Single Select options expands and becomes editable. Here you can:
- Add a new option.
- Delete any of the existing ones.
- Add the Codes for the Single Select options. Note:
- You MUST add a code for any option that doesn’t have one to enable the Save button.
- Add information in the Tool Tip field to give users details about how the code should be used with your mail type.
- When you’ve finished, click Save to close the window.