Creating a Package review template
Creating a template
- Open Packages, then select Manage Review Templates.
- Click Create New Template.
- This opens a screen where you have to:
- Add a template name that reflects the purpose of the review.
- Add steps and participants. The Step Name should contain the names of the roles performing the review. For example: Structural Engineers Review.
- Set up the review’s duration. Remember to consider time-based factors such as contractual obligations.
- Set permissions. Remember that these permissions are used to manage the review when this template is being use
- Enter a name in the Template Name field.
- Now drag and drop the Flow and Participants panel into the field below to add new steps - called Stages - to the workflow. Note that you can drag new Stage panels to any position within a workflow and re-order them as required.
- This adds a blank Stage to the workflow, which you can edit by clicking on Add step details.
- This opens the Edit step window. Here you have to:
- Give it a name.
- Add one or more reviewers. Do this by entering their name or business name to start creating a list to choose from.
- Save it when you’ve finished.
Setting a review’s duration
The next step is to add how long the review should take.
- Do this by clicking on the calendar and using the Plus icon to add the number of days you want to allow. Click Apply when you’ve finished.
- When you add days, the total for the process is shown above the steps you’re adding. Durations can be edited after being saved.
Setting permissions and activating the template
The next step is setting permissions, which you do to control:
Which review submissions reviewers can see. For example, controlling if other reviewers can see each other’s review outcome and attachments.
- The template parameters that Initiators and Reviewers can adjust when initiating a review. This is important as controlling what changes can be made in this specific review, allows it to be managed and stops other reviewers from making unwanted changes.
- Select what the Initiator’s and Reviewer’s permissions.
- Once you’ve finished adding the steps, select Activate to save the template sand make it available to be used by reviewers. The following example shows a completed review process.
Editing a template
Once a template has been activated, it is added to a list of existing templates. If you want to edit it further, click its name and select Edit.