Creating a Package review template
Creating a template
- Open Packages, then select Manage Review Templates.
- Click Create New Template.
- This opens a screen where you can:
- add a template name
- add steps and participants
- set up the review’s duration
- set permissions.
- Enter a name in the Template Name field.
- Now drag and drop the Flow and Participants panel into the field below to add new steps - called Stages - to the workflow. Note that you can drag new Stage panels to any position within a workflow and re-order them as required.
- This adds a blank Stage to the workflow, which you can edit by clicking on Add step details.
- This opens the Edit step window. Here you have to:
- Give it a name - you can also add instructions to help reviewers understand what they have to do. These are both shown in the Stage panel.
- Add one or more reviewers. Do this by entering their name or business name to start creating a list to choose from.
- Press Save when you’ve finished.
- The next step is to add how long the review should take. Do this by clicking on the calendar and using the Plus icon to add the number of days you want to allow. Click Apply when you’ve finished.
- When you add days, the total for the process is shown above the steps you’re adding. Durations can be edited after being saved.
- The next step is setting permissions, which you do to control:
- which review submissions reviewers can see
- the template parameters Initiators and Reviewers can adjust when initiating a review.
- Once you’ve finished adding the steps, select Activate to save the template sand make it available to be used by reviewers. The following example shows a completed review process.
Once a template has been activated, it is added to a list of existing templates. If you want to edit it further, click its name and select Edit.