Creating one or more packages
- Click on the Packages module and select New Package.
- Complete the package metadata fields:
- Select a Package Type from the dropdown menu.
- Enter a Package Title.
- You need to enter a Package Number. It can be alpha-numeric, containing up to 210 characters.
- Enter a Revision for the Package. This can be alpha-numeric, up to 15 characters.
The package can be created as an empty container. The package administrator or editor can then add documents to it at a later stage.
You can add documents to the package at this point. If you’re not ready to add any documents, just click Save.
- Click on Add Documents.
- You will be prompted to add documents from the document register.
- Select the documents you wish to include in the package, then click Add in the bottom right corner of the results.
You can only add one version of a document to a package. Note that the maximum number of documents per package is limited to 1000.
Creating Packages in bulk
Instead of having to create packages one-by-one, you can easily create hundreds or even thousands of packages at once using the Create Packages in Bulk functionality.
This feature allows you to download a template, which you have to fill out and import back into the system.
This is a very powerful tool - be careful while using it. As soon as Aconex has created the packages from your Excel file, which happens on the fly, there is no possibility of reverting that action.
- Open Packages.
- Click Create Packages in Bulk in the drop down menu next to New Package.
- Download a template based on the package type you'd like to create packages from.
Fill out the template in Excel by creating a single line for each package you want to create. Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
If you forget to enter any mandatory information, or if the data is incorrect, or the package number already exists, Aconex will notify you when you try to create the packages.
- Save the template to your local folder.
- Go back to Aconex.
- Click on Choose a File.
- Select the template you’ve just filled out.
- Select Create.