Editing a package
- Search your Package Register for the package you want to edit. Only package administrators or editors can edit packages.
Click on Edit. This allows you to do two things:
Edit the properties of the package.
- This always includes the package core fields with package number, title and revision, as well as project fields in case they have been added to the package type.
- Only Package administrators can edit the package number. All other properties can be edited by Package administrators as well as Package editors.
- Add documents, see below.
- Edit the properties of the package.
Adding, removing and updating documents
You can remove or add documents from the package and modify some of the package metadata. For more information on updating documents see Update documents in a package.
- Select the checkbox beside the document you want to remove and click Remove, or just click the x at the right of the document’s row.
- To add a new document, select Add Document.
Note: You can’t add confidential documents directly to a package, however it is possible to make a document confidential after it has been added. In this case, Aconex displays a warning that a confidential document is part of this Package and needs to be removed before the Package can be sent.
Only the latest version of a package can be edited.
- Click Save and the new version of the package is created and the previous version will appear (as read only) in the package history.
When you have finished editing, you should consider whether or not you need to give the version a new revision number.