Creating Project Mail
Creating a project mail
- Select your project from the Project Selector at the top of the page.
- Click the Mail button on the Module Menu, and under Create New, click Blank Mail to create a blank mail.
- Now select an option in the Type field. When you do this, all mandatory fields that have to be completed are shown with an asterisk.
- Enter the names of recipients into the To and Cc fields. You can find their names by either:
- Entering a full or partial user or group name in the Search field, then pressing Enter to see a list of possible recipients you can choose from, or;
- Clicking the To or CC links and searching the directory.
- If required, attach documents, other project mails, or local files to the mail.
- Click on an Attributes dropdown, and select one or more values for each attribute, as required.
- If required, choose the response type from the Response Required list, and select the respond by date. If these have been set up as mandatory fields by your Project Manager, you won’t be able to send the mail without completing them.
- Complete the Subject field with a meaningful description of the content to make it easier to find this mail.
- Complete the mail details, if they’re available. Mandatory details are identified with a red asterisk, but the more information you include in the Details section, the easier it will be to find and report on this mail.
The variety of details you’ll see will depend on the project and the mail type. Some projects do not use Mail Details.
- To add other auto text to the body of this mail:
- Position the cursor where you want the text to be added.
- Select the auto text name from the list. You can add as many auto text items as required.
- Complete the Body field. You can type your message or paste text from another application. Use the Format menu to apply formatting to your text.
- Click the Send button. Note that if you save your mail to draft, it will be available to anyone in your organization.
All Aconex mail is automatically scanned when it's sent for potentially malicious links, encoding, and other obfuscated content. If we find any of these nasty elements, we remove them to protect you and all the recipients of that mail.
In a very, very small percentage of cases, this affects the appearance or formatting of some mail. This is a necessary by-product of ensuring the greatest possible security for your personal, organizational, and project data on the Aconex platform – a job we take very seriously.
Adding Notes to a Project Mail
- Choose the project mail you wish to add notes to from either the Inbox, Sent or Draft tabs. Click on the subject line of the chosen mail and the mail will be displayed on the screen.
- Click on the Notes tab at the bottom of the mail to see the following two options:
- Notes – Private Comments
- Comments against recipients.
- Add a note by entering your text in the appropriate field and then click Add note or click Save comments.
The two Notes options are only visible to people in your organization and are not searchable.