Configure your email notifications
Configure your email notifications
- Click Setup.
- Under Configuration, click Preferences.
- Scroll down to Personal settings, Notification, Select type of email notifications.
- Clear the checkbox in the Use Default Setting column.
- Choose the type of notification you want in the Receive notifications via email list:
- Notification only - The email notification contains a link to the Aconex project mail. This is the default setting.
- Entire Mail body - The email notification contains the text (mail body) of the entire project mail. The project mail is automatically marked as read in Aconex. This option also allows you to reply to email notifications directly from your email client such as Outlook.
- Entire Mail body with attachments - The email notification contains the text of the entire project mail and any attachments. You can set the maximum attachment size limit, but anything above 10MB will be included as a link requiring login. The project mail is automatically marked as read in Aconex. This option also allows you to reply to email notifications directly from your email client such as Outlook.
- None - turn off email notifications. You will need to ensure you regularly log into Aconex and check your Mail.
- When you’ve finished, click Save.
Reply to email notifications from Outlook
If you have set your email notification to Entire Mail body or Entire Mail body with attachments, you can reply to your email notifications directly from your email client (such as Outlook). This will register as a response back into Aconex. (provided you have not changed the sending address or subject line). Replies using this method will be registered in Aconex with the ‘Email’ mail type.
Using this method relies on email systems rather than Aconex, therefore delivery is subject to delay. We cannot guarantee delivery of email sent directly to an email address, as it is not within the control of Aconex. We recommend you manage your Mail entirely within the Aconex platform
Out of Office replies in Aconex
While Aconex itself does not have an out of office feature, some users will set an ‘out of office’ reply in Outlook as a workaround.
If you have set your email notification preference to either Entire Mail body or Entire Mail body with attachments, your automatic out of office replies may register as a response back into Aconex. This could be problematic if it marks the thread as ‘Responded’ and clears an outstanding task. To prevent out of office replies from updating a mail status, you can enable the setting Prevent email response from updating Aconex mail status. (see Notification preferences)
The out of office mail will still be received, but the thread status will remain unchanged, so your tasks will be waiting for you when you return to work.
Note that Outlook only sends one out of office reply to each unique email address it receives an email from. This means if email@example.com emails you three times while you’re away, they will only be notified once that you are out of office.
Additionally, because Aconex email notifications are sent from the same email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org), an out of office reply will only be received by the first user to send you Mail on Aconex. If a second user sends you Mail on Aconex, they likely won't receive an out of office response, because Outlook remembers it has already sent an out of office reply to Aconex (it treats Aconex as one ‘contact’ and not individual users). To work around this and you prefer an out of office reply is sent for every message, please speak to your IT to setup a mail Rule in Outlook instead of using the Out of Office Assistant.