Close-out sent mail
- Click the Mail button on the Module Menu, and under Search, click Sent.
- Run a search to filter and reduce the number of mails in the list.
- Select the mails you want to close out.
- Select Tools/Mark as Closed-Out.
- When you do this the mail’s Status is changed to Closed-out.
Closing out mail from the thread view
Mail can also be closed out from the mail thread view, but you must be a user of the sending organization to see the ‘Mark as Closed-Out’ button.
You can close out an individual mail or the entire thread. The entire thread is closed out automatically when the parent mail (first mail in the thread) is closed out.
Accidentally closed out a mail? You won't be able to undo the action, but as a workaround, you can forward that mail to the same recipients. The new mail will retain the same reference number, allowing you to continue the conversation within the thread.