Create Templates (mail auto-text) for Project Mail
- create a template for one particular mail type.
- create a template for all mail types.
If your project's Mail Types are locked, you won't be able to apply auto-text to Mail.
How does it work?
Each time you create a mail and select the mail type, the template is added automatically into your mail.
Who can create an auto-text template?
You can create a template for yourself.
Your Org Admin can create a template that will be available for everyone from your organization in your organization. They can do this per project, or build one that is available on all your organization’s projects.
How to create an auto-text template
- Choose your project from the Project Selector at the top of the page.
- Click Setup.
- Under Configuration, click Preferences.
- Because you'll be creating a template only for your own use, select the User tab.
- Scroll down to Personal settings, Mail, Configure mail auto text.
- Click the Edit button.
- Click the:
- New - HTML button to create formatted text.
- New - Plain Text button to create text with no formatting.
If you create a HTML auto text, you can apply layout formatting such a tables, as well as setting font and color and so on.
- Enter a name in the Auto Text Name field to identify this text. A meaningful name makes it clear when and how to use the auto text.
- Complete the Auto Text field. You can type directly into the field, or paste text from Microsoft Word or another application.
- If required, make this text available only for selected mail types:
- To add mail types - double-click a mail type in the Available Mail Types list.
- To remove mail types - double-click a mail type in the Selected Mail Types list.
- Click the Save button.
Click the OK button in the confirmation message.