Create Templates (mail auto-text) for Project Mail
- create a template for one particular mail type.
- create a template for all mail types.
If your project's Mail Types are locked, you won't be able to apply auto-text to Mail.
How does it work?
Each time you create a mail and select the mail type, the template is added automatically into your mail.
Who can create an auto-text template?
You can create a template for yourself.
Your Org Admin can create a template that will be available for everyone from your organization in your organization. They can do this per project, or build one that is available on all your organization’s projects.
- Click Setup.
- Under Configuration, click Preferences.
- Because you'll be creating a template only for your own use, select the User tab.
- Scroll down to Personal settings, Mail, Configure mail auto text.
- Click the Edit button.
- New - HTML button to create formatted text.
- New - Plain Text button to create text with no formatting.
If you create a HTML auto text, you can apply layout formatting such a tables, as well as setting font and color and so on.
- Enter a name in the Auto Text Name field to identify this text. A meaningful name makes it clear when and how to use the auto text.
- Complete the Auto Text field. You can type directly into the field, or paste text from Microsoft Word or another application.
- If required, make this text available only for selected mail types:
- To add mail types - double-click a mail type in the Available Mail Types list.
- To remove mail types - double-click a mail type in the Selected Mail Types list.
- Click the Save button.
Click the OK button in the confirmation message.