Create a new Supplier Documents package
Creating the new package
- Choose your project from the project selector.
If you do not have the Package option ask your Org Admin to grant you access to the Supplier Documents Administration Role. They can do this using these instructions: Give users in your organization permission to create and manage Supplier Documents requests
- In the Number field give your new package a unique number using your organization’s numbering convention.
- In the Description field type a description of the documents you’re requesting.
- In the Supplied by field search for the name of your supplier's organization.
If you're not sure how to spell the organization’s name, enter the first few letters then click the search icon.
- In the Send to field enter the names of the people who will be providing documents.
You can add more than one name to this field if you want your request to be sent to several people in the supplier's organization.
Editing the transmittal template
When you send your request to the supplier, you (and anyone else in your organization managing this request) will use the same transmittal template. This makes it easier to ensure the right information is being sent to the right people.
- Click the View/Edit link.
- Make any changes that you'd like to in the template, then select OK.
In this template, we've filled in the Reason for Issue and the Subject fields. We filled in these two as these tags will apply to every transmittal we send to our supplier. Filling in the template this way means we don't need to apply the tags every time we send a transmittal. Note that your project will be set up differently, and will have different fields that you can complete.
How long does the supplier have to complete your request?
In the Turnaround field type in how many days the supplier will have to respond to your request. If you reject any documents the supplier transmits to you, then they will have the same time again to respond.
Who do you want the supplier to send their documents to?
By default your name will be listed as one of the recipients. You can add any of your colleagues who should also receive the supplier's transmittal.
Editing the transmittal template the supplier will use
- Click View/Edit.
- Make any changes that you'd like to on the template.
- When you're finished, click the OK button.
For the supplier's template we've added a recipient into the CC field. We also filled in the Reason for Issue and Subject fields. This ensures every transmittal sent back from the supplier is tagged consistently.