Submit documents for review via Supplier Documents
Find the request
- Check that you have the correct project selected.
- Click Tasks.
- Select My Tasks.
- Scroll to the Supplier Documents section.
- Under Submission Required click on the name of the package.
- If required, update any information about the document you're uploading. For example, the revision number or letter and the revision date will usually need to be updated.
- Attach your file
- Click the Supersede Document button.
- Now, you can either:
- Repeat this step to upload more documents. You don't need to upload and send all of the requested documents at the same time.
- Or, send your updated document back to the client. We'll show you how to do this in the next section of this article.
Sending the documents
The next step is to send the documents back using a Supplier Document Transmittal.
This is a transmittal type that is only used by the Supplier Documents module. It's used to exchange documents that have been added to a Supplier Documents Package. This is where someone sends a number of documents to another org, and the receiving org - the one that requested the documents, replies by sending back the updated docs. This process continues until the requesting org is happy with the docs they've received.
- Check the box next to the document/s you need to submit.
In the image above we're only going to send one of the requested documents back to the client.
- Click in the Comments Out section to add any necessary comments you want to be seen by the reviewer.
- When the Transmittal page loads, include any comments for the reviewer.
- Make sure all mandatory fields have been completed. Mandatory fields are marked in yellow.
- Click the Send button in the top corner.
You won't need to select a person's name to send your document to - this will be filled in automatically.
And in some cases the other mandatory fields - the ones marked in yellow - will also be filled in automatically for you.