Stamping documents in the online viewer
- Create a folder where you’d like to keep your stamps, and move your stamp files there.
Your review stamps must be an image file – BMP, GIF, JPG or PNG file. It’s usually best if your stamp is transparent so it doesn’t cover potentially useful information on the drawing or document you’re working on. PNGs are a good choice, usually small in file size and they support transparency. (JPGs don’t, for example.)
You can create transparent stamps using recent versions of Microsoft PowerPoint. Create a shape, fill it with the text you want, make the “fill” for your object color “No Fill” and adjust the border as required. Then right click on the stamp and select Save as Picture..., specifying PNG. The stamps in the image below were created with PowerPoint.
- In Workflows, open the document you want to review.
- Go to your folder of stamps, select your stamp and drag it onto the document you are reviewing.
The stamp will now be fixed to the document.
- You can click on the stamp and it will offer you options to delete or make a note attached to the stamp. You can also move the stamp around on the document, as well as resize it if necessary..
The stamp you add will be attributed to you and will carry a timestamp indicating when you added it.
- To complete the review, select an outcome from the drop down list and click Save.