Make a document in your register confidential
- Check that you have the correct project selected.
- Click Documents.
- Find the document you want to make confidential, and click on its title.
- On the Document Properties page, click the Confidentiality button.
- In the confidentiality pop-up, click the checkbox to make the document confidential.
- Type the name of a person in your organization requiring access to the document, suggested names will appear – click on the correct name to give them access to the document
- The person’s name will appear on the list. You can add as many people as required.
- Once you’ve finished adding names, click OK.
The document is now marked confidential. Only you, and the people on the access list, will be able to view the documents.
If you click on the Back button at the top-right of the page, you’ll see that your document in the Document Register is marked with an ! icon. This indicates that the document is confidential.
Note: Only that particular version of the document is set as confidential. Other versions of the document can be marked as confidential if required. To view previous versions of a document, select the Show Document History checkbox. You can also use Bulk Supersede to set the confidentiality of several documents at once.