Mark document as no longer in use
What happens when I mark a document as no longer in use?
The document won't appear in your organization's document register. The document can still be viewed in History.
Have you transmitted the document to other organizations? If you want to hide the document from their document registers as well, send a transmittal to update the status to these organizations as well.
When should I mark a document as no longer in use?
Mark documents as no longer in use when, for example:
- Documents have been transmitted to you in error, and you want to hide them in your register, or
- A portion of the work will not be carried out, and you want to hide documents relating to this work.
Don't mark documents as no longer in use to fix a mistake!
Has someone made an error with the document? For example, if someone has uploaded the wrong file. Then, don't mark the document as no longer in use. You can fix the error by superseding the document with the correct file or document information. Add in a comment about why the document was superseded.
You can't restore a document to current once you have marked it as no longer in use.
- Click the checkbox of each document that you want to mark as no longer in use.
- Review the list of documents to be marked as no longer in use. You can:
- Add more documents. Click the Add Documents button and go back to step 3 to search again.
- Remove documents. Click the Trash icon in the Remove column for each document you don't want to mark as no longer in use.
- Click the Mark as No Longer in Use button.
- Click the OK button in the confirmation message.
- You can:
- Click the Back button, if you only want to hide these documents in your register.
- Send an auto-update transmittal to other document recipients to hide these documents in the register of recipient organizations. Follow the steps below to do this.
Send an auto-update transmittal to other document recipients
- Click the Transmit button.
- Complete all mandatory fields in the transmittal, and any other fields as required.
- Click the Send button.