Uploading confidential documents
- Check that you have the correct project selected.
- Click Documents.
- Select Upload a New Document. If you're uploading a number of documents at the same time you can select Multiple File Upload instead.
- Complete all mandatory details about your document. Mandatory fields are marked in yellow.
- Select Confidential.
- This opens a confirmation message. When you click OK, a new button called Edit/View Access List is appears.
- Select this to open the Access List window, where you add people to the confidential users list.
- Start entering the name of the users in your organization, then click the Search icon or press Enter.
- Their name is then added to the list. Repeat this process as often as required, then click OK.
- Click Upload. You should then receive the upload confirmation screen.
Your document/s are now uploaded and are marked confidential. Only you, and the people on the access list, will be able to view the documents. If you select View in document register you'll see that your document is marked with the ! icon.
Editing the access list for a confidential document
You can edit a document’s confidentiality list after it has been added to the Docs Register. To do this:
- Find your document in the document register.
- Click on the arrow and select Properties from the list.
- Select the Confidential button to open the Confidentiality window.
- Find and add the users you want to be able to see the document. You can also remove them by clicking the X next to their name.
- Press OK to return to your document.