View and edit Microsoft Office documents in Aconex
Supported files types
These commonly used Office file formats are supported:
(Note, whilst doc, xls and ppt files can be read, they will be saved as docx, xlsx and pptx files)
- Next, you’ll see a view of your document within Aconex
- To start editing select the “Edit in Browser” button
Editing a file
- Once you select Edit in Browser, enter your Office 365 login details.
Now you’re in the Office online view and can edit your document
Other users with access to the document can edit the file at the same time.
- Once you’re finished editing, return to Aconex.
- The updated file is available for you to supersede, once you do this it then becomes the latest revision of the document.
- Please note you need to have an Office 365 subscription to edit documents.
- Once you’ve finished editing, you can supersede the document with your edits or save changes to a draft and continue editing over multiple sessions.
- Multiple users can edit Microsoft Office files at the same time (co-authoring) and all their changes will be reflected in the draft that is created.