Upload and supersede documents using the Multi File Upload tool
Upload your documents
Select the project using the Project selector.
- Click on Documents in the Module Menu, then select Multiple File Upload.
You have two options to upload your revised documents:
At the end of either upload process, you’ll see a confirmation that files are available in your Temporary Files area.
- Click View files uploaded by me today.
- You’ll see a list of all the files you’ve added to the Temporary Files area.
Supersede previous document versions automatically using the Bulk Supersede tool
- Select the Show supersede candidates checkbox. This filters the list of files to show you only those that, based on the names of the files you uploaded, can be matched with the document numbers for those documents already in your register.
- If the documents you just uploaded appear in the list, continue to step 2 to automatically supersede the previous versions.
- If the documents you just uploaded aren’t in the list, you’ll need to manually supersede the previous versions.
- Select the documents you want to use to supersede others in your register, then click Tools/Bulk Supersede.
- On the Bulk Supersede page, you’ll see that the details for each file have been pre-filled as far as possible. Check that the details for each one are correct, and make changes if you need to.
Update metadata in bulk
To make changes to multiple files’ metadata in one action, click the View Copy-To Panel button and fill in the relevant fields. To apply the changes, either:
click Copy to All, or:
- select the appropriate checkboxes and click the Copy to Selected button.
When you’re ready to add the files to the register, click Supersede Documents. You’ll see a confirmation message when the supersede is complete.
Supersede previous document versions manually using the Bulk Supersede tool
If Aconex can’t find any supersede candidates among the files you just uploaded, it’s because the files aren’t named in a way that we can match with documents that already exist in your register.
You’ll need to match your newly uploaded documents to previous versions in the register. Here’s how to do it.
In the module menu, double-click Documents.
Search for the documents you want to supersede.
- In the search results, select the checkbox for each document you want to supersede.
- Click the Tools button and choose Bulk Supersede.
- Scroll across to the File column.
- Click the paperclip icon.
- A window appears, showing the contents of your Temporary Files area. Choose the replacement file from the list, then click OK.
- Complete all the mandatory fields for each document. Mandatory fields are marked in yellow.
- Complete other fields as required. You'll need to scroll across to see all the fields. You can also update metadata in bulk, as described above.
- Once you’ve updated all the data for all the files you’re superseding, click the Supersede Documents button. You'll see a confirmation message when the supersede is complete.