How to install your first Project Archive
- Connect the USB/Hard Drive and open the folder that has your project’s name.
- Right-click the Project Archive Installer and choose to run it as an Administrator.
If you do not have administrator rights for your computer, contact your IT department for assistance.
- The wizard displays. Click the Next button.
- Read the license agreement, and, if you accept the terms, select the I accept the terms of this license agreement radio button.
- Click the Next button.
Note: You will need to have enough room on your computer/server to host the entire archive.
Click the OK button in the confirmation message.
- You can:
- Accept the default location, or
- Choose a different location:
- Click the Browse button.
- Select the location where you want to install the Project Archive data.
- Click the Open button.
- Click Next.
If a Windows Security Alert message from Windows Firewall appears, click the Allow access button to continue the installation.
- The download will start. Transfer progress is indicated – archives can be large and it may take a few minutes.
You can enter a different shortcut folder name, if required.
- When the download is completed, you will be asked for a password. You will have received it along with installation instructions in an Aconex mail. (This mail will be sent to the person who requested the archive.)
- Enter the password and click Next to begin the decryption process.
- Once the decryption is completed, you will see a list of the software packages used by the archive being installed. This shouldn’t take more than a few minutes. Once finished click Next.
Note: If a Windows Security Alert message from Windows Firewall appears, click the Allow access button to continue the installation.
- Once the download is complete, you will have options for creating shortcuts to Project Archive. You can:
- Create shortcuts in the Start menu.
- Create shortcuts on the Desktop
- Change the name of the folder containing the shortcuts
- Create shortcuts for all users of the computer or just you
- Choose your shortcuts and click Next.