How to install your Local Archive
Follow these guidelines when setting up a Local Archive for the first time.
- Download and run the exe as sent in the Transmittal.
- When the wizard opens select Next.
- Read the license agreement, accept the terms, then click I Accept.
- Click Next.
- Choose where you want to install the Local Archive Viewer:
- Click Browse.
- Select the location where you want to install the Local Archive files.
- Click Select.
- Click Run.
- The Installing window opens.
- Once the installation has finished you’ll see a window showing the Oracle Aconex logo.
- Your default browser will then open. You may see a message saying Your connection is not private. If so, select Advanced to continue to localhost and the application.
This is an example shows a message from Chrome, others may differ slightly.
- Find and select your license file as sent in your email.
- Enter the license key and click Next.
- You will now see a window confirming the location of your Local archives along with an option to create shortcuts.
- Click Next.
- Start the download by entering your Aconex password. The Instance and Username are pre-populated with details from your license file. If you need to enter proxy details see Entering proxy details below before pressing Login.
- Click Login.
- Your details are then authenticated by Aconex.
- Check the project is correct, then click Download.
- The archive will then start to download. How long this process takes will depend on the size of your project.
- Once the download process is finished, click Next.
Entering proxy details
- To use a proxy server select Use proxy network.
- Fill out the form as required, then click Login.
Once you’ve done this, go back to Step 14 above.