Auto-Supersede old documents for revised versions
- When logged into BidContender, select the project required from either:
- Your recent tenders list on the Home tab or
- From your All active tenders list by clicking on the Show all active tenders link on the Home tab
- Click on the Drawings and docs tab
- Select the first discipline that you are wanting to upload revision documents into
- Click on the Upload button to the right of the discipline name row
- Select the revision documents to be uploaded into the selected discipline
Be aware that the filename contains all the relevant information that is uploaded as the document number and revision, into your project - so review all your document filenames and make sure they’re correct, before uploading them onto the system.
- When revision documents have been uploaded that have the same or similar filename as the original documents in that discipline - you will be presented with a list of the matching documents. By default, all files that supersede the matching documents shown will be selected. If you are not wanting certain uploaded files to supersede the original matching document, then simply deselect that file by removing the tick in the checkbox to the left of that file name
- Click on the Supersede selected files button
- If you don't want any of the files to supersede existing documents, deselect all files by removing the tick in all checkboxes and then click Continue without superseding
- View the revised documents which will now appear uploaded in the selected discipline's document listing
Files marked to supersede are added as a revision to the matching document.
Files not marked to supersede will be uploaded as a new document.
- To view the document revision history, check the box at the top right corner of the drawings and docs list that reads Show document revisions
- Now view all the historical changes to the document set
To revert back to viewing only the latest document set, remove the tick from the Show document revisions checkbox.
- The revised documents will display a red flag against them. The red flag is a warning that changes to the documentation have occurred but that these changes have not yet been issued to the impacted trades
- Click on the Tender invitations tab
- A matching red flag will be displayed against the tender invitations the revised documents appear in
- Click on Issue addenda
- Type in the subject of the change
- Type in any comments about the change
- A list of all the tender Invitations originally sent will appear under the Tender invitations title. Those with a tick against their listing, are automatically selected to receive the revised documents - given they were the trades that received the original version of the documents
- Click on Issue addenda
All Invitees that have not declined, will receive an email notification of the addenda.
- Now that the addenda has been issued, click on the Drawings & docs tab and you can check that the red flags have disappeared