Create a New Tender
- When logged into BidContender, from the Home view click on Create Tender
You can also create a new tender from the Your tenders tab in the main menu by clicking the Create Tender button from this view instead
- Complete the tender information fields - this is the information about the tender that will be seen by your invitees when they receive the invitation
- Type in the Tender Title
- Select the closing date and time - this is the deadline date and time by which you want your invitees to provide you with a quote
- Select a project Category and Total Project Value from the drop down options
- Type in a description – this can be as long or as short as you need, maybe a scope of works or similar
- Type in the location of the project
- Select the internal contact for the Tender
- Below the Access control heading, select whether you wish to restrict access to this tender amongst your organization’s users. If you are happy for all your organization’s users to view and access the tender at hand, then leave the feature Off. This is the default setting that reads – All users in your organization can access this tender. If you prefer to restrict access to your tender amongst your organization’s users, then select the On option that reads – Only selected users can access this tender
This way, you can control which individuals within your organization have access to your tenders.
Only organization administrators can create new tenders and can restrict tender access to certain individuals. All your organization’s nominated administrators will have full access to all tenders, automatically.
This feature is available for Platinum account holders only.
- Below the Require login for invitees heading, select the security level you wish to apply to the tender at hand. If you are happy for all your invitees to access your tender documents and details via the emailed link, requiring no logging in what-so-ever, then select the option that reads – Invitees can access this tender with the emailed link. If you prefer that your invitees log into BidContender to access the tender documents and details, then select the option that reads – Invitees must be logged in to access the tender
This way, you can control the security level you apply to each individual tender you create. You can go back and change the security level at any stage, if you change your mind.
When the no log in option is selected on any tender, the emailed link will function for up to 2 weeks post the tender close date.
You are now ready to upload your documents into the tender, allocate the documents to the trade packages and once your tender trade package invitations have been sent, your invitees will access the tender details and documents based on the document access level you have applied.
- If you know the project has already been awarded to your organization, check the box marked - This tender has been awarded to us. By marking the project as awarded, this means you would like this information to be visible within the Awarded tenders tab of the main menu, where interested subcontractors can view the information. If you prefer to keep an awarded project private, then don’t select the project awarded status
- Click Save tender