Send or deselect sending a new tender invitation to be listed as an open tender
- When logged into BidContender, select the project required from either:
- Your recent tenders list on the Dashboard or
- From your active tenders list by clicking on the Show all active tenders link on the Dashboard
- Click on the Tender invitations tab
- Click on Create tender invitation
- Select the Trade Package that you wish to send out from the drop down list or select Full set to send all the documents out in the invitation
- The Invitation details will pre-populate with the information added when the Tender was created, but any of the specific details can be updated at this stage, if needed
Ensure the contact for the invitation lists the correct contact within your organization. If the correct person does not appear in the drop down list, they will need a user account created for them.
- Multiple invitees can be added to any one invitation:
- You can privately invite contacts using the add invitee search box
- And/or send the invitation to the open tenders area
- To NOT send your trade invitation to the Open Tenders area, deselect the tick in the check box against the List as an Open tender title
- To send your trade invitation to the Open Tenders area, click on the check box against the List as an Open tender title, so that a tick appears
- Click Send tender invitation
If required, you can mix the two invitation methods – that is, add private invitees and send the invitation to the Open Tenders area.
Important to note – if you prefer that your new trade invitations are NOT by default selected to be sent to the Open Tenders area, then your account’s Organization Administrators can set the default to private, within your organization’s settings. This will insure that all new trade invitations by default, are not selected to be posted in the Open Tenders area, moving forward.
Alternatively, if you prefer that your new trade tender invitations are by default selected to be sent to the Open Tenders area, this feature can be enabled within your organization’s settings, by your Organization Administrators. This will insure that all new trade invitations by default, are selected to be posted in Open Tenders, moving forward.
- New tender invitations sent to the Open Tenders area, will now be marked as Open tender against the invitation title in the Tender invitations tab
Trade tender invitations not sent to the Open Tenders area, will remain private.
- Click on the Open tenders tab in the main menu
- The tender and respective Open trade invitations, will now be listed in the Open tenders area and anyone with a BidContender login can access this area and express interest in the tender.
Once this interest is noted, the contact will automatically receive any addenda details and can respond with a quote through BidContender.