Accept or decline a tender invitation
- Click on the link contained in the email notification or log in to BidContender
When a new tender invitation is sent to you, you will receive an email notification with a link that takes you directly to the tender invitation details within BidContender.
If you login to BidContender without the email link, you will still have access to the invitation.
- Click on the Your Invitations tab
- Select the tender invitation from the list displayed by clicking on the tender title – this will take you to the tender details providing you with all the project information and access to the attached documentation
- If you are interested and intend to quote then click on the I’m intending to quote button
- If you are not interested then click on the No thanks button
Your response will be communicated to the builder.
- If you wish, provide a reason to the builder as to why you’re declining - select one of the reasons for declining form those already listed and/or you can even type a detailed message to the head contractor, in the text box that appears
- Click on the Decline this invitation button
- Click on the Your Invitations tab to view your tender invitations list once again – this full list shows you where you’re up to with each invitation received
When you have clicked on the I’m intending to quote button, a green tick appears under the Accepted column for that tender invitation.
When you have clicked on the No thanks button, a red cross appears under the Accepted column for that tender invitation.
If you have also sent a message to the builder as to why you have declined, an envelope icon will be sitting close to the red cross. When you click on the envelope icon, it will reveal the message that you sent the builder.
- You can also decide to change your mind. Select the tender invitation with the response you are wanting to change and move across the right of the row to the icon represented with a pencil image
- Click on the drop down arrow to the right of the pencil image and if you had originally accepted but now want to decline, select Decline this tender from the drop down options. The green tick will revert to a red cross
- If you had originally declined but now want to accept, select Accept this tender from the drop down options. The red cross will revert to a green tick
When you accept or decline a tender invitation, your intentions are communicated to the builder so they know whether or not to expect a quote from you. The builder sees the same green tick or red cross and envelope icon containing your decline message, under the Accepted column against your organization’s name for the tender in question.