Calculating and Updating Forecasts
Forecasts are calculated in the cost worksheet based on forecast methods applied to control elements.
You may need to use the scroll bar at the bottom of the table data grid to get to the relevant forecast fields in your cost worksheet.
Changes to forecast options and defaults can be made at the organization data, project data and at the control account level. Keep in mind that Organization level settings will cascade down to all new projects (and project level settings).
Selecting Different Forecast Methods
The forecast method selected at the control element level determines which method is used. Changing the control account or project, after the control element is created, will not override the control element setting.
- Under Control Elements on the Cost Worksheet, find the Forecast Method column.
- Change the selected method to the desired option.
Available Forecast Options
Note FCC and FFC used in Australia in place of ETC, EAC.
Manually Updating Forecasts
If the project settings allow changes to be entered manually, you can edit the forecasts in the cost worksheet against each control element.
Please note you cannot manually update control element forecast data unless this is authorized in the change management sSettings.
The selected forecast method will determine which forecast column you are able to edit.
- Under Control Elements on the Cost Worksheet, scroll across to the forecast column.
- Edit / change the value as required.
- Under the Change Breakdown window, click the Add button.
- Select the required Control Accounts to include in the change.
- Select the Control Element for each Control Account.
- Enter the change amount in each relevant budget or forecast field.
- Change the status as appropriate to adjust the project forecasts.