Download the Authenticator app on iPhone and iPad.
- Grab your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
- Tap the App Store icon to go to the App Store.
- Search for Google Authenticator.
- Download Google Authenticator to your device.
Google Authenticator uses the time, as well as other factors, to authenticate you. If your device’s time is different from the time on your service provider’s server, authentication won’t work.
- Set the time on your device
- Tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Date & Time.
- Check that Set Automatically is switched on.
- Close this window and return to the Setup Wizard.