Set up an authenticator on Windows Phone
- Grab your Windows phone or tablet.
- Go to the Windows Apps+Games store.
- Search for Authenticator.
- Download Authenticator to your device.
Authenticator uses the time, as well as other factors, to authenticate you. If your device’s time is different from the time on your service provider’s server, authentication won’t work.
- Check that your phone’s date and time is set automatically:
- Tap Settings.
- Find Date & Time.
- Check that Set automatically is switched on.
- Return to the Setup Wizard.