Set up an authenticator on Windows Phone
Downloading the Authenticator app to your Windows device.
- In your Windows phone or tablet go to the Windows Apps+Games store.
- Find for Authenticator.
- Download Authenticator to your device.
Authenticator uses the time, as well as other factors, to authenticate you. If your device’s time is different from the time on your service provider’s server, authentication won’t work.
- Check that your phone’s date and time is set automatically:
- Tap Settings.
- Find Date & Time.
- Check that Set automatically is switched on.
- Return to the Setup Wizard.